Sunday, January 18, 2009

Introducing Grayson

Oh my..I'm certainly not off to a good start with this whole blogging thing. I'm better at the Cafemom, Myspace thing :o)
A lot has happened since my last post on Nov. 8th. Mr. Grayson Wyatt joined Morgan and I on Nov. 19th 2008 at 11:39pm. Just 21 minutes shy of his uncle Jimmy's birthday. He weighed in at 8lbs 7ozs and was 20 1/2 inches long. With a head full of blond hair. He's definitely a handsome little man! I couldn't be happier!
We've certainly had our bumps in the road over the last 8 weeks. The first week we battled with Jaundice levels rising every day for 5 days. We were one level (day) away from having to get a billiblanket, but thankfully his levels went down drastically within the next 2 days. At about 3 weeks he started having diarrhea and projectile vomiting. Turns out he has a mild case of acid reflux. 3 formulas later, we have it figured out. At almost 6 weeks he got pretty sick and the doctor was certain it was RSV so she sent us home with antibiotics, steroids, and breathing treatments. She calls me the following Monday (6 days later) to check on him and then proceeds to tell me he didn't have RSV after all. Needless to say, I was (and still am) mad. Steroids is a big deal, and he most likely didn't need them. I can live with the other 2. The last 2 weeks have went smoothly..knock on wood.
As of tomorrow my little monkey will officially be 2 months old! Time sure does fly. He goes to the doctor on Friday for his 2 month check up and shots. Upon doing some reading and research I have decided to go with Dr. Sears alternative shot schedule. I'm thinking he now weighs around 12lbs or so. At 6 weeks he was 11lbs 4ozs.
As for his milestones, he's doing great! He's been holding his head up like a champ since he was about a week old. He will also use his arms to lift his upper body and head while on his tummy. He's also rolled over a couple of times so far, but only from belly to back. He loves to be sitting up or standing. I have a feeling he'll be sitting up early. He already lunges himself forward all the time, and if I let go of him he'll sit for a few seconds. He also loves looking in his lil mirror, smiling and cooing at himself. What can I say..I am sooo in love with the little guy, and so is his big sister!



Then...







and now...




































No comments: